(LoginRegister)

The Cursed Forest
qqryq Offline
Knight who say "Ni"

The Cursed Forest
The Cursed Forest is a first horror game project by russian developer KPy3O. And believe me, it's amazing: builded on Cryengine 3.4.5 game works smooth, without lags or any serious bugs, has impressively detailed dark and creepy graphics, very nice atmosphere, great sounds and music. And is nicely creepy...
[Image: 40.jpg]

[Image: 30.jpg]

[Image: 60_1.jpg]

[Image: 20.jpg]

[Image: prew04.png]

[Image: 70.jpg]

Find everything you need to perform the ritual, to clear an innocent soul from the defilement. Simple...

One thing: developer doesn't speak english so the introductory screen and notes are in Russian language. So if you guys know anyone who can help him with translation...
Game is absolutely worth of trying. You can download it from:
http://www.indiedb.com/games/the-cursed-forest

[Image: 400px-Knightni.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 01-30-2014 04:06 AM by qqryq.)
01-30-2014 03:31 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MonkeyShadow Offline

RE: The Cursed Forest
Looks awesome !
01-30-2014 10:48 PM
Arsenic13 Offline
Posting Freak

Anyone else a little tired of first person indie horror? I'm sure there are titles that standout, but I fear this trend will just produce poor horror games. Not this one in particular, but in general.
01-30-2014 11:06 PM
qqryq Offline
Knight who say "Ni"

(01-30-2014 11:06 PM)Arsenic13 Wrote:  Anyone else a little tired of first person indie horror? I'm sure there are titles that standout, but I fear this trend will just produce poor horror games. Not this one in particular, but in general.

I am. Really. There are tons of worthless crap (especially milions of Slender clones made with Unity) which are just waste of time. But sometimes there is something different, something worth of our atention. Like this one (in my opinion). At least these games are something new, not just another re re re re re re re release of games that even my grandpa already played Smile
Btw: Get this game, do not aply patch. You can chose between 1-st and 3-rd person perespective. Patch removes this option. I don't know why dev did this. Main character model in tpp looks really nice.

[Image: 400px-Knightni.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 01-31-2014 08:03 AM by qqryq.)
01-31-2014 03:47 AM
Arsenic13 Offline
Posting Freak

That's odd. Maybe it was offensive towards some people?
02-04-2014 10:03 AM
SystemThurtySix Offline
Pieces

I can't wait to play this, with the option for 3rd person perspective, I think that's how all horror games should be honestly you decide between 3rd person or first person. I would enjoy being able to play through a game twice just to see it from a different view point

Monocle Man - "Kid in a sweet shop/candy shop sometimes.
And the perceived slight when you hardly see anyone replying to them!
It's all about the views... Wink"
02-07-2014 11:13 PM
PixelBastardo Offline

Man this was some good fun, played through it lastnight from start to finish. I think its close to amnesia in terms of creepiness (or atleast i haven't been as freaked out in a game since amnesia), its got a great atmosphere and afew genuine scares. And its a surprisingly solid and polished game with it being free. Im gonna upload my playthrough to YT, when i have the first part up i'll post a link for anyone who cant play it, but i'd recommend playing it if you can.

My YouTube - Horror Gaming http://www.youtube.com/user/PixelBastardo
[Image: NZA_sig.jpg]
04-14-2014 02:17 AM
devil hunter Offline
Posting Freak

(01-30-2014 11:06 PM)Arsenic13 Wrote:  Anyone else a little tired of first person indie horror? I'm sure there are titles that standout, but I fear this trend will just produce poor horror games. Not this one in particular, but in general.

I think you can blame Amnesia and Penumbra etc. for that. Thanks to the popularity of those games we get lots of horror titles that are obviously inspired by them.
04-27-2014 11:05 PM
SKULLCRUSHER Offline
Posting Freak

(04-27-2014 11:05 PM)devil hunter Wrote:  

I think you can blame Amnesia and Penumbra etc. for that. Thanks to the popularity of those games we get lots of horror titles that are obviously inspired by them.

I'd blame the streamers and lets players. The ones that put "SCARIEST HORROR GAME EVER!" in their video titles to get views then scream really loudly anytime anything happens. That's what started it all off. One person did it and got views then all the imitators came along.

[Image: JoShishido_zps976d268b.gif?t=1395702915]

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAGyz9X...4dJ4pchCpQ
04-27-2014 11:50 PM
McQuiggle Offline
Something

I'm just tired of knockoffs and slender clones trying to thoughtlessly cash in on the craze. Nothing wrong with first person indie horror in general, when it leads to more interesting things like Among the Sleep, Routine, etc.
04-28-2014 06:09 PM