(LoginRegister)

Indie Horror Gaming: The Train
qqryq Offline
Knight who say "Ni"

Indie Horror Gaming: The Train
The Train. A russian indie horror game (developed by Serge Noskov who also created beautiful game - The Light) puts you aboard a train that seemlessly gets worse through each car. Jumping back and forth between the nightmare and memories unravels the story. In just one hour you will live a lifetime of one man. As you go you will experience a variety of emotions fear, hate, joy, disappointment...

The game takes you to a train that is speeding into the night ahead. You do not know or what you're doing, or where you come from, let alone what is our purpose. However, with the crawling (seemingly empty spaces) you find that perhaps you are not alone here. During the game you will have to visit different, often distant from each place that our hero remembers his past. Is it his own memories, or just his imagination? I'll just add that as a consequence we will always come back to the title of the train. You may also affect the choices that are made by the main character, and thus - to create your own story ...

The Train is a great break from big budget titles. Entire game took me about an hour from start to the end, which seems to be an ideal solution at a time when we have just a moment of free time - and we want to play something. This does not mean, however, that The Train player is not involved and is not addictive... The game not for a moment allow you be bored, and what's more, in a few moments can also drive a pretty good run. I recommend it with a clear conscience. Unless you are afraid to ride the train...
[Image: image-CEFF_51E27C8A.jpg]

[Image: image-0EAE_51E27C8A.1.jpg]

Game is perfectly developed: incredible dark and creepy atmosphere, amazing graphics, fantastic sounds and riveting tale chap.

You can get The Train here:
http://www.indiedb.com/games/the-train

[Image: 400px-Knightni.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 08-05-2013 12:37 AM by qqryq.)
08-04-2013 06:49 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
McQuiggle Offline
Something

RE: Indie Horror Gaming: The Train
Been meaning to try his other game for a while. Haven't even heard of this one until just now.

Just. Wow. His work looks so impressive and just pops up out of nowhere. He could and should really be making money from this stuff - if it's as good as it looks.
08-04-2013 11:06 PM
qqryq Offline
Knight who say "Ni"

(08-04-2013 11:06 PM)McQuiggle Wrote:  Been meaning to try his other game for a while. Haven't even heard of this one until just now.

Just. Wow. His work looks so impressive and just pops up out of nowhere. He could and should really be making money from this stuff - if it's as good as it looks.

I've found this game yesterday on IndieDB. Never heard of it either. And you're right, is absolutely amazing!
If anyone wish to try The Light:
http://www.indiedb.com/games/serge-noskov-the-light
Official Steam Greenlight page:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi...d=97293280

[Image: 400px-Knightni.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 08-04-2013 11:24 PM by qqryq.)
08-04-2013 11:13 PM
Jam6i Offline

Youtuber markiplier is currently doing a lets play of this, and it's one of the first indie games in some time that I'm extremely impressed with. There are a lot of things that I haven't really seen in a horror game yet, executedvery well and effectively.
08-05-2013 12:44 AM
Avery_Island Offline

Thanks for this. These sound interesting. Will definitely give them a go when I get my pc back. Smile
08-05-2013 01:32 AM